2019 Crocodile 10 oz Silber BU - The Next Generation Series
Obverse: The Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the 2019 year-date, the weight and purity, and the monetary denomination are shown on the coin’s obverse.
Reverse: The coin’s reverse depicts a crocodile partially submerged in water with a hatchling on its back. The design also includes radial lines and The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mintmark.
The coins weigh two-ounces, struck as a piedfort. The word may be new to many, but peidforts have been struck for over half a millennium. During the Middle Ages, France and Great Britain minted coins of double thickness and weight for presentation purposes. The word “piedfort” literally translates to “heavy foot” in French; it alludes the coin’s extra weight and metal content. While piedforts have existed for years, this is the first time the Perth Mint has issued a silver bullion coin in this special format.
• Second ever issue of the "Next Generation" silver bullion series from the Perth Mint
• Content: 10 troy ounces of 99.99% pure silver
• Fact value: $10 Australian Dollar (AUD$)
• Diameter: 65,60 mm
• Maximum thickness: 13,50 mm
• Designer: Jennifer McKenna
• Maximum mintage: 2.500
• The Mother & Baby 2019 10oz Silver Bullion Piedfort Coin is presented in a protective acrylic capsule.