Queen’s Beasts Dragon 2 oz Silver 2017
The latest addition to our bullion range takes its inspiration from hundreds of years of royal heraldry. The Queen’s Beasts bullion coins not only provide a new option for those looking to invest, but the range also includes a two-ounce silver coin – the first time an official two-ounce United Kingdom bullion coin has been struck.
The background for this range comes from the coronation of Her Majesty The Queen, where ten heraldic beasts stood guard, The Queen’s Beasts, sculpted by James Woodford RA for the coronation ceremony.
The Celtic dragon represents sovereignty and power. The Welsh dragon was used in the Royal Arms in the sixteenth century and the Red Dragon of Cadwallader is the emblem of Wales. This is the third in a series of ten designs that will celebrate each of The Queen’s Beasts.
• Made in United Kingdom
• Guaranteed by Royal Mint UK
• The third official UK Two-Ounce Silver Bullion Coin from The Royal Mint
• A new, exclusive bullion range from The Royal Mint with original reverse designs
• Both obverse and reverse by British Coin Designer, Jody Clark, creator of the latest definitive portrait of The Queen on UK coinage
• Weight (g): 62,41
• Tubes of ten coins also available
- Product number
- United Kingdom
- Royal Mint UK
- Monetary Denomination:
- 5 GBP
- Fine weight:
- 62,42 g
- 38,61 mm x 5,90 mm
- Year of issue:
- each in plastic bags, 10 pc. in Tube
Phone: +49 83 199 006 03
E-mail: [email protected]