2019 Crocodile 2 oz Silber BU - The Next Generation Series
Obverse: features a lovely new portrait of Queen Elizabeth II that includes her shoulders and neckline, based on Jody Clark’s 2016 5th official effigy. Also included is the coin’s 2 oz weight and 9999 purity, release date of 2019, and the (AU) 2 Dollar face value.
Reverse: Displays a wonderful water scene depicting a mother crocodile and one of her her young clinging to her back.
The coins weigh two-ounces, struck as a piedfort. The word may be new to many, but peidforts have been struck for over half a millennium. During the Middle Ages, France and Great Britain minted coins of double thickness and weight for presentation purposes. The word “piedfort” literally translates to “heavy foot” in French; it alludes the coin’s extra weight and metal content. While piedforts have existed for years, this is the first time the Perth Mint has issued a silver bullion coin in this special format.
• Second ever issue of the "Next Generation" silver bullion series from the Perth Mint
• Content: 2 troy ounces of 99.99% pure silver
• Fact value: $2 Australian Dollar (AUD$)
• Diameter: 40.6mm
• Maximum thickness: 6.42mm
• Designer: Jennifer McKenna
• Maximum mintage: 75,000 Packaging:
• Tubes of 10 pieces; Boxes of 200 pieces
- Product number
- Perth Mint
- Monetary Denomination:
- 2 AUD
- Fine weight:
- 62,213 g
- 40,60 mm x 6,42 mm
- Year of issue:
- plastic bag. 10 pc. in Tube
Phone: +49 83 199 006 03
E-mail: [email protected]