1 oz Silver Britannia 2024
Buy the oldest European investment coin with the most modern security features. The Silver Britannia has been issued by the Royal Mint UK since 1997.The silver coin has been minted in 999 fine silver since 2013.
In 2021, the English mint decided to expand the classic design by Philip Nathan with four new security features. The allegorical mother of the country can still be seen on the motif side with fluttering robes. The Britannia stands on a cliff and in her left hand she is holding a sign with the national flag of Great Britain ("Union Jack") and an olive branch. On the right hand a trident, the scepter of the sea god Neptune. She wears the typical helmet on her head. In the caption you can read the name of the coin, the year, the fine weight (1oz), and the fineness (999 silver). New since 2021:
The background now consists of the finest micro-engravings in wave form.
- In the inner edge of the picture, the micro-engraving "DECUS ET TUTATEM" can be read several times as a legend. The Latin saying means "For decoration and protection".
- The flag in the shield of Britannia was enhanced by the finest heraldic tinctures (hatching, which has symbolized different colors since the Middle Ages)
- A small circle can be seen in the lower left of the image. Depending on the viewing angle, a trident or a lock can be seen.
The obverse features the first coinage portrait of His Majesty The King, which is typical for circulation coins throughout the Commonwealth. The face value (GBP 2) is also stamped here, as is the King's motto "D.G. REX. F. D". The cipher stands for Dei Gratia Regina.
- new microengraved security features
- 999 pure silver
- legal tender in the UK (face value 2 GBP)
- The coin comes in a transparent plastic bag and we ship in anonymous packet. Multiples of 25 come in a plastic tube.
- Product number
- United Kingdom
- Royal Mint UK
- Monetary Denomination:
- 2 GBP
- Fine weight:
- 31,1035 g
- Total weight:
- 31,2100 g
- 38,60 x 3,00 mm
- Year of issue:
- plastic bag, 25 pc. in Tube
Phone: +49 83 199 006 03
E-mail: [email protected]